FuturO Organic Rice Flour:
Rice flour or arisi maavu in Tamil is a form of flour made from finely milled rice. Production of this flour may include both white rice or brown rice grains. This process includes the grinding of rice to a fine powder. People use it mostly for the preparation of all kinds of baked goods. This flour is a ground version of rice and is one of the staple food in India.
Its major uses are for cooking, baking, makings pasta, Rotis, cookies, etc., and in many south Indian dishes. Because of its gluten-free property, people use it as a substitute for wheat flour. Besides its uses, this flour is also rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Rice flour, especially the brown rice variety, is an excellent source of fiber, which not only improves digestive health but has also shown to reduce cholesterol levels.
- It is gluten-free, making it safe for people with gluten allergies or celiac disease.
- Brown rice flour is rich in proteins, fiber, calcium, vitamin B, and many other nutrients as compared to white.
How to make rice flour (arisi maavu) at home?
- Clean rice and wash them thoroughly.
- Soak the cleaned rice for 8-10 hours.
- Strain the excess water from soaked rice and spread them on any cotton cloth. Let it dry for up to 1/2 – 1 hour inside the room.
- When rice is dry add a little amount of rice in mixture jar at a time and grind them finely. Strain the grounded flour using a sieve.
- Grind the thick granules again. Take the Flour in any plate and spread it thinly. Place this plate under the fan for 1 whole day. Stir after every 3-4 hours with help of a spoon. With this all moisture will evaporate, You can also dry roast the flour in any wok with a heavy base and allow it to cool. Homemade flour is ready.
Storage Instructions: Store the flour in an airtight container, keep it dry, because moisture will ruin the flour.
There exist many types of flours like bread flour, pastry flour, all-purpose flour, ragi flour, etc. Buy all types of flour, pulses, oils, powdered spices, spices, and other organic products online at Futuroorganic.
Above all, we at futuroorganic process the flour with utmost care in a completely hygienic environment to give you the finest product possible. Hence, your healthy diet is in good hands.