Futuro Organic Varagu | Kodo Millet:
Millets are miracle grains that are a group of small-seeded grasses grown in dry weather. Our ancestors consume this super healthy food Varagu rice for many years. There exist many types of millets namely Saamai, Ragi, Pearl millet, Proso millet, Foxtail millet, etc., one among which is Varagu. Buy Kodo millet and other organic millets online at Futuro organic and experience the richness of fiber, proteins, vitamins, and minerals.
People cook it into rice (varagu rice) or ground it into flour. People of India use varagu flour to make pudding. Millets contain less glycemic index compared to other grains. Hence these gluten-free grains are good for people who strictly follow a gluten-free diet.
Varagu | Kodo Millet Benefits :
- Regular intake of this millet reduces blood sugar level and increases insulin level. Hence it is beneficial for diabetes patients.
- This millet is rich in fiber content and has very little fat which prevents weight gain and promotes weight loss. It makes us feel fuller which therefore avoids overeating, thereby controls obesity and helps to lose weight.
- Foods such as Kodo millet are a rich source of antioxidants that can help in reducing free radicals.
- In ancient days, people use varagu rice as medicine for obesity, blood-related problems, skin problems, and diarrhea.
- Above all, this millet also contains a considerable amount of calcium, magnesium, sodium, and proteins.
On the whole, there are several health benefits of millets and some of them are mentioned above. To reap the benefits to the fullest buy organic millet online at Futuro organic and include them in your regular diet.
Kodo millet in telugu is arikelu, varagu in tamil, harka in kannada and kodra in Hindi.