FuturO Turmeric Stick (Kizhangu Manjal):
- Turmeric stick which is kizhangu manjal in Tamil is a root of a plant that belongs to the ginger family. Because of its bright yellow colored texture, it is a golden spice. The powdered form of these sticks is turmeric powder.
- use of manjal in cooking gives an earthy aroma, bitter and pungent flavor to foods. It is a major ingredient in many Indian foods, especially in curries and curry powders. It has antibiotic properties and was majorly used in Siddha and Ayurveda.
- Its major uses are in dishes such as rice, seafood, curries, smoothies, salads, pickles, etc., They also prepare and drink turmeric milk which serves as medicine to cough and cold.
- Manjal contains a substance with an antifungal agent that helps to stimulate the human immune system.
- It breaks down and reduces the toxin in blood and improves blood circulation which in turn promotes good liver health.
- It has natural antiseptic properties which makes it an effective disinfectant. Its powder is applied in any wound or affected area for faster healing.
- Research suggests that curcumin is an active component in turmeric. It has proven health benefits such as controls blood sugar, blood pressure, and possess anti-inflammatory properties.
Above all, there also exist some side effects of turmeric too.
- Store the fresh and unpeeled turmeric in an airtight container or a bag and place it in a refrigerator. It will stay fresh there for about 2 to 3 weeks
- Chop the sticks into multiple one-time use pieces and store it in an airtight container and place it in a refrigerator. It will stay fresh for up to 2 months
Also look for other Organic ingredients such as traditional rice, organic spices, powdered spices, cold-pressed oils, sweeteners, pulses, online at futuroorganic and also avail free delivery for the order above Rs.1000/-