What is kasuri methi?
The dried fenugreek leaves are Kasuri methi. It has a slightly bitter and addictive taste. People use it mainly in Indian cuisines. Its major uses are as a spice in Indian curries, sabji, parathas its strong aroma and distinctive flavor fascinate the taste buds! It is one of the major ingredients in Ayurvedic medicines.
The best substitute for Kasuri methi is fenugreek seeds (Venthayam) which belong to the same family. As compared to this spice, they also offer the same pungent, musky flavor that many of us associate with curry powder. They are also easily available. It is one of the important herbs in Indian cooking. Above all, Kasuri Methi is a flavourful herb that instantly enhances the taste of a dish.
- Pluck fresh fenugreek leaves from the stem, wash it well and drain it completely.
- After washing, spread it well in a cloth or paper and let it dry overnight or for about 12hrs under direct sunlight.
- Stir it occasionally while drying
- Methi leaves are ready once it is well dried. Store it in an airtight container once dried and use it as a flavoring herb.
Health Benefits of Methi leaves:
- Apart from adding flavor to dishes, these leaves are has a vast amount of nutrient content.
- It contains a lot of vitamins and minerals that are very beneficial for the overall growth of the body.
- It controls cholesterol, reduces heart problems, helps in digestion, and even control sugar levels for diabetic people.
- Kasuri Methi is a good source of dietary fiber, high in protein content, and is rich in iron. Also, it is low in calories, which means it can fit into any diet.
- Kasuri methi helps to prevent skin problems like acne, sunburn, and pimples. It also helps to remove dead cells from the skin and replaces them with a new one to keep skin healthy.
Buy traditional rice such as Kichli samba rice, Seeraga samba rice, Ponni handbound boiled rice, Thooyamalli rice online @ Futuroorganic. And we also serve spices, Cold-pressed Oils, and other organic products.