FuturO Organic Black Cumin (Karum jeeragam):
Karum jeeragam (Kalonji seeds) is basically darker in colour and is smaller and thinner. It tastes sweeter than cumin seeds with intense lemony notes. It becomes nutty with a richer flavour when dry-roasted or toasted in oil. Black Cumin is an ingredient of some garam masalas and is one of the five spices in the Bengali spice mixture. The seeds have a little bouquet, though when rubbed they give off an aroma reminiscent of oregano. The flavour is slightly bitter and peppery with a crunchy texture. The seeds are available in whole or ground form. Fry or roast these seeds before use for better taste. It can also be eaten raw or by mixing it with honey or water. We can also add it to oatmeal, yogurt, chutney, curries, biryani. etc.,
- Lowers cholesterol and decreases the risk of heart disease.
- Black cumin is most effective against several types of bacterial infections in the body.
- Helps protect the liver: It helps to protect the liver from injury and damage.
- Black cumins preserve the lining of the stomach and prevent stomach ulcers.
- These seeds are also rich in many medicinal properties.
- Black Cumin seeds are helpful in autoimmune disorders.
- Daily intake of half a teaspoon of kalonji oil with warm water helps control blood pressure.
- Intake of kalonji oil mixed with a teaspoon of honey or warm water serves as a home remedy for getting rid of kidney stones and infections.
- Kalonji seeds are miracle ingredients used in weight loss diet.