Futuro Organic Pearl millet | Kambu | Bajra:
These are a group of small-seeded grains that resembles a small pearl. Apart from Kambu, there exist many varieties of organic millets namely Barnyard millet, Ragi (finger millet), Proso Millet, Kodo millet, Foxtail millet, Etc., Pearl millet in Telugu is Sajja and is widely known by the name bajra in Hindi. Kambu rice
Among all grains, the one most commonly grown crop is the Pearl millet because it is power-packed with numerous health benefits. It ranks as the sixth most important grain in the world. Millets are superfoods that are less costlier and rich in nutrients. Eating bajra along with beans or eggs makes it an overall complete source of protein. kambu rice
Pearl Millet Health Benefits
- Pearl millet is the must include food in the diet especially for diabetes peoples. Because this wholegrain millet is a rich source of carbohydrates and contains fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It is one of the better whole grains for managing blood sugar levels.
- Organic Millets are gluten-free grains, hence they are a great substitute for people with celiac disease.
- It lowers the level of bad cholesterol and improves good cholesterol which helps in maintaining healthy heart health.
- Bajra is also rich in potassium which helps reduce the overall blood pressure
- Kambu also has benefits for our skin like it reduces wrinkles and treats acne.
- Millets are easily digestible and are a good source of nutrients. Hence they are the perfect food for babies from 6 months of age.
Is pearl Millet good for weight loss?
Bajra is an excellent gluten-free millet, rich in carbohydrates and insoluble fibers which helps in losing weight and reduces cholesterol. It not only helps to lose weight but also prevents from gaining excess weight. This is how kambu benefits for weight loss.
To conclude, carbohydrates rich food plays an important role in providing energy and maintaining a balanced diet. Include these organic millets as a regular addition to your healthy diet.