FuturO Organic Gulkand:
Gulkand or rose petal jam is a sweet preserve of rose petals. It is easy to make using fresh rose petals, and sugar as the main ingredients. It is an Ayurvedic medicine and a traditional Indian recipe with many health benefits.
People use it as an ingredient in making desserts, smoothies, lassi, and milkshakes. Apart from this, it is also one of the major ingredients in making Paan ( Indian mouth freshener).
- It has high cooling properties which help to protect the body from heat especially during summer.
- Gulkand is rich in antioxidants thus acts as an energy booster. The regular intake of it aids in severe ulcers, constipation, stomach heat, and heart burning
- Gulkand aids in heavy menstruation by preventing irregular periods and excessive bleeding. Hence it is an essential diet during periods.
- Eating Gulkand helps to improve memory and eyesight
- Uses of this Indian traditional recipe are for skin, constipation in pregnancy & kids, acidity, gas troubles, ulcer, Indigestion, stress, etc.
How to make fresh Gulkand at home:
Take some petals of any varieties of rose and some sugar. Crush the petals and mix them with the sugar and keep them in a glass jar under direct sunlight. After some days the sugar starts dissolving and gulkand is ready to consume. This method is without heating the rose petals Hence this method helps to preserve nutrients present in the rose petals.
In addition to that, you may also add honey along with the other ingredients.
Instead of using the regular rose from your backyard garden, Gulkand utilizes the Damask Rose. This variety of rose is popularly used to make perfumes as it has a strong fragrance.