FuturO Organic Barley Rice:
Barley rice which is barley arisi in Tamil is cheap and easy to add to diet grain. Barley is a variety of rice that is available in many forms namely hulled barley, barley grits, flakes, and flours. It is one of the first grains in ancient civilizations. Except for pearl barley, all other forms are whole grains because it’s outer barn is removed while polishing.
Barley rice is chewy inconsistency and nutty in flavor. Its uses are as food for humans, animals and is an ingredient in beer and whiskey productions. It is a cereal grain that people use in bread, beverages, and other dishes.
Many people use sprouted barley flour for baking. Soaking or sprouting your barley can improve the absorption of these nutrients.
This barley grain is a rich pack of nutrients and health benefits. It helps improve digestion, serves as a weightloss diet, improves heart health, and much more. Wheat barley contains gluten hence it is advisable not to include it in a gluten-free diet for people with celiac disease.
Health Benefits of Barley Rice:
- Barley arisi is a perfect food in a weight loss diet because eating barley reduces hunger and makes us feel full.
- Compared to soluble fiber, more insoluble fiber contents available in barley do not dissolve in water and helps improve digestion.
- Regular intake of barley helps reduce cholesterol levels in the body.
- Barley reduces the risk of type diabetes by lowering blood sugar levels and improving insulin secretion.
- People cook barley grains in water to make barley water and intake mainly for urinal problems. It also has many other benefits like supporting the immune system, etc.,
Above all, To get the full nutrition out of barley intake whole grain varieties and avoid processed pearl barley.
Cook barley in a pot of boiling water by adding salt in a low, steady simmer. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until chewy and tender which takes around 55 to 60 minutes. Finally, drain and serve.