Futuro Bamboo Rice:
- The seeds collected from the flowered bamboos are Bamboo Rice or moongil arisi in Tamil. Tribals gather the grain from the bamboo tree which is the tallest herbs. This rice is the major source of income for tribals in forests. Ayurveda uses bamboo juice for its health benefits against asthma, cough, and cold.
- This rice resembles like paddy and has a wheat-like taste. It is pungent, sweet, strong, and nutritious. It has high nutritive qualities and rice medicinal values. Bamboo rice has a moist and sticky texture and is very similar to unpolished rice. It goes well with most Indian curries.
- Compared to all other varieties of rice moongil arisi has richer protein content. This short-grain rice is infused with bamboo extract. Hence it retains its rich green colour even after cooking.
- Regular intake of this rice helps control joint pain and back pain as it is rich in protein.
- It is good for Pregnant women to overcome vitamin deficiency.
- These rice has a low glycemic index as compared to other varieties. Hence, it is a healthier option for diabetics.
- This rice variety helps treat menstrual disorders, respiratory diseases, and infections.
- There is no fat in bamboo seeds. The carbohydrates that are present also increase the blood glucose level at a slow pace, this helps in reducing cholesterol accumulation.
- Other than protein the rice also has carbohydrates, vitamins A, minerals calcium, iron and phosphorus, and fibre. This makes the rice highly nutritive especially to small children because of the immediate release of energy it gives.
How to cook Bamboo rice:
Wash and soak this rice in water for 30mins. Then pressure cook with 2.5 cups of water for about 6 whistles and simmer for 10 minutes.